Squash & barley salad with balsamic vinaigrette
A flavour-packed, unusual salad that's delicious warm or cold - works really well as part of a buffet
Boil the broccoli in salted water until just tender, then drain and rinse in cold water. Drain and pat dry. Add the broccoli and remaining ingredients to the barley and mix well. This will...
- Yield: Serves 8
- Cooking time: 25 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into long pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil Olive oil ol-iv oylProbably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 250g pearl barley
- 300g Tenderstem broccoli Broccoli brok-o-leeLike cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name… , cut into medium-size pieces
- 100g SunBlush tomato Tomato toe-mart-ohA member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in… , sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed
- 1 tbsp small capers Capers kay-perCapers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub, which grows in the Mediterranean. As… , rinsed
- 15 black olive, pitted
- 20g pack basil Basil ba-zilMost closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the… , chopped
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar Balsamic vinegar bal-sam-ick vin-ee-gahTrue Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Related recipes like Squash & barley salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Marinate your chops with ginger, lemon, chilli and cumin then chargrill until juicy in the middle...
Marinate your chops with ginger, lemon, chilli and cumin then chargrill until juicy ... Spiced lamb chops & herb salad .... Herby quinoa, feta & pomegranate salad.
Get Lamb Chops with Carrot Puree and Cucumber Salad Recipe from Food Network...
Cook the lamb chops two at a time, turning once, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes for medium doneness. Serve with the carrot puree and cucumber salad.