Red Beans and Rice Recipe
A Southern classic, red beans cooked with smoked shanks, onions, celery, bell peppers, and spices, served over rice.
1 Place dried beans in a large bowl and cover them with cold water by a couple of inches. Let soak for 8 hours or overnight. (You can quick soak them by putting them in a bowl and pouring boiling...
- Yield: Serves 8
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- 1 lb dry small red beans
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs meaty ham shanks
- 4 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Cajun or Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's or Zatarains) or to taste*
- Tabasco sauce**
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked white rice (from about 3 cups raw rice)
Related recipes like Red Beans and Rice Recipe
View recipe photos of Daddy's 'If They'da had This at the Alamo we would'ha WON!' Texas Chili posted...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Chipotle Orange Glazed Pork Chops recipe from Ellie Krieger...
Get this all star, easy to follow Chipotle Orange Glazed Pork Chops recipe from Ellie Krieger. ... Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Brussels Sprouts ...