New Orleans-Style Red Beans and Rice
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow New Orleans-Style Red Beans and Rice recipe from Emeril Lagasse
Directions Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, cayenne, black pepper and thyme for about 5 minutes. Add the bay leaves, ham...
- Yield: 8 servings
- Cooking time: 4 Hour 0 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound boiled ham cut, into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces smoked sausage, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (1 cup)
- 1 pound dried red beans, rinsed and sorted through, soaked overnight and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 8 to 10 cups water
- Steamed rice
Related recipes like New Orleans-Style Red Beans and Rice
"A standard for entertaining, tetrazzini is always well-received and is easily stretched as the crow...
Simple to make and so hearty, this cotton country style baked chicken ... 0. Recipe by: LauraDickenson. "A standard for entertaining, tetrazzini is always ...
"My neighbor made this for a picnic forever ago, and it is super easy to make. Easy to change it you...
A light and easy salad with wild rice mix, chicken, grapes, and cashews makes a nice lunch or a light supper when it's hot outside. Bring it to a potluck or picnic.