Restaurant Style Red Beans and Rice
Believe it or not the secret to many bean dishes is lard. Red beans are simmered, slowly, with ham hock. Then the beans and meat are processed in a food processor with spices and lard. The beans are reheated and served over rice.
In a 2 quart saucepan combine 1 drained can of bean, 1 undrained can of beans, ham hock and remaining 1 1/4 cup water. Simmer on medium heat for 1 hour, until the meat starts to come away from...
- Yield: 7
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 30 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1/2 pound smoked ham hock
- 5 1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons lard
Related recipes like Restaurant Style Red Beans and Rice
Get Rice with Broccoli and Parmesan Cheese Recipe from Food Network...
Place rice and chicken stock in microwave proof dish or 4 cup glass measuring cup. Microwave on high, uncovered for 15 minutes. Add broccoli, toss to combine ...
Get Food Network Kitchen's Thai-style Chicken Skewers Recipe from Food Network...
Get Food Network Kitchen's Thai style Chicken Skewers Recipe from Food Network. ... Our chicken skewers are not only festive and colorful, but each skewer is 39 calories and the sauce is fat free. Recipe courtesy ... Buffalo Chicken Skewers.