Hot toddy fruitcake
This fabulous Christmas cake can be made and decorated in four very different ways. Just choose your favourite
While the cake is still warm, use the skewer to pepper the cake with holes, poking it all the way down. Dissolve the sugar in the tea, add the whisky or orange juice, then spoon over the surface....
- Yield: Cuts into 12 slices
- Cooking time: 3 Hour
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 200ml hot, strong black tea (use any type)
- 3 tbsp whisky Whisky wisk-eeWhisky usually means an ethanol-based spirit produced in Scotland. Ethanol is an intoxicating…
- 3 tbsp good-quality orange marmalade, thin or medium shred
- 700g mixed dried fruit
- 100g mixed peel
- 100g glacé cherry (natural colour)
- 225g butter Butter butt-errButter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs Egg eggThe ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a… , beaten
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- finely grated zest 1 lemon Lemon le-monOval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 50ml hot black tea
- 1 tbsp whisky Whisky wisk-eeWhisky usually means an ethanol-based spirit produced in Scotland. Ethanol is an intoxicating… (or use orange juice if you prefer)
Related recipes like Hot toddy fruitcake
Because last week-end was Mother's day, I've decided to make this recipe for my Fiancee's Mum. It is...
On top of this cream add the hot chocolate powder and cocoa, then mix everything together. In a separate bowl mix the dried powder .... Chocolate fruitcake. 4.6.
Moist fruit and a crunchy sugary topping mean it's impossible to have just one slice of this delicio...
Moist fruit and a crunchy sugary topping mean it's impossible to have just one slice of this ... Sugar crunch fruitcake ... Raspberry & amaretti crunch cake.