Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup with Beans
Chicken tortilla soup is made extra hearty thanks to Great Northern beans and black beans added to the traditional Mexican-inspired dish.
Bring water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottom stockpot; and chicken, cover Dutch oven, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes....
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 40 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn
Related recipes like Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup with Beans
One nice feature of this dish is that you can cook and bake the pie in the same skillet....
One nice feature of this dish is that you can cook and bake the pie in the same skillet. ... Vegetarian Moussaka. 244. Steff's Shepherd Pie Recipe A hearty and comforting dish that your whole family will love ... all reviews 29. profile image.