Refreshing Turkey Salad
When the heat of summer hits, I want to spend time with my family, not with my oven! So I'll often cook a turkey, then dice and freeze leftovers for fast hearty dishes like this.
Directions In a bowl, combine rice, turkey, celery, grapes, peppers and pimientos; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, mustard, celery seed, poppy seeds, salt...
- Yield: 8 servings
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted, optional
Related recipes like Refreshing Turkey Salad
Get Sunny Anderson's Sunny's Grilled to Chill Salad Recipe from Food Network...
Get Sunny Anderson's Sunny's Grilled to Chill Salad Recipe from Food ... For the salad: Prepare the ingredients for the grill. ... Grilled Chicken Posole Salad.