Bean Soup with Sausage
This soup is so simple to put together with ingredients you might keep on hand, and it’s delicious, too. The broth with potato, meat and vegetables makes it so satisfying. —Gail Wilkerson,...
Directions In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles;...
- Yield: 10 servings
- Cooking time: 25 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 8 ounces bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
Related recipes like Bean Soup with Sausage
One time, I accidentally bought hot Italian sausage, but wanted to find a way to use it anyway. I to...
One time, I accidentally bought hot Italian sausage, but wanted to find a way to use it anyway. I tossed it in the slow cooker with mushrooms, tomatoes and wine, ...