Chicken Jook with Lots of Vegetables
Brown rice is cooked into a creamy consistency in this recipe for chicken jook with vegetables, perfect for a cold or rainy evening.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place chicken in hot oil, season with salt and ground black pepper and cook until well-browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside....
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 2 Hour 20 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Related recipes like Chicken Jook with Lots of Vegetables
Get Roasted Vegetable Salad with Garlic Cream Dressing Recipe from Food Network...
Get Roasted Vegetable Salad with Garlic Cream Dressing Recipe from Food Network. ... Toss with grilled vegetables. ... Recipe courtesy of Trisha Yearwood ...
"Shawarma is a Levantine Arab meat preparation, where meat is placed on a spit and may be grilled fo...
Pan fried chicken, marinated in a Greek yogurt based marinade, is layered in a pita with a tahini sauce in this chicken shawarma recipe.