Moussaka Cottage Pie
One nice feature of this dish is that you can cook and bake the pie in the same skillet.
Heat 2 Tbs. oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cinnamon and cloves; cook about 1 minute. Add meat, stirring to...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 50 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, cut into medium dice
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed in the microwave according to instructions
- 1 large egg, beaten
Related recipes like Moussaka Cottage Pie
The bread machine does it all after you measure in routine bread ingredients and a cup of cottage ch...
The bread machine does it all after you measure in routine bread ingredients and a cup of cottage cheese. You can cut fat and calories in this hearty loaf by ...