You'll want some homemade sofrito to keep the Paleo-friendly element of this turkey chili with cocoa powder and cashews.
Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a lid over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot oil until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir garlic and sofrito into the onion; saute until the...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 15 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sofrito
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water, plus more if desired
- 3/4 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, divided
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
Related recipes like Paleo Turkey
Carrots and zucchini are snuck into these turkey meatballs. Your little one won't even know!...
... these turkey meatballs. Your little one won't even know! ... Most meatballs and meatloaves need bread crumbs added, or oatmeal, etc. So I had to add that to ...