Belgian Beef Stew
Lemon, dark beer, and bacon add distinctive flavor elements to this 'carbonnade' style stew. Traditionally, Flemish beef stew is the only kind that uses beer in its preparation.
Blanch the bacon for 1 minute in boiling water. Drain. Place bacon and butter or margarine in a large covered pot or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until bacon is browned. Add onions; cook...
- Yield: 7
- Cooking time: 2 Hour
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 small boiling onions, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds lean beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces dark beer
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
Related recipes like Belgian Beef Stew
This is a wonderful dish for cold winter days that really fills you up! My mother used to make this ...
... Corn Taco Shells 12ct. Made the authentic way, with 100% whole kernel corn, for distinctive and authentic flavor. ... 28. Cincinnati Chili II Recipe Kidney beans and ground beef are cooked in canned tomato soup ... profile image. Rate and ...