Chef John's Orange Duck
This classic orange duck, or 'duck a l'Orange', is simple to make and simply delicious.
Score duck skin almost all the way through the skin and fat each way on the diagonal in a crosshatch pattern. Generously season with salt and rub salt into each breast. Let rest, skin-side...
- Yield: 2
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 duck breast halves
- salt to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Seville orange marmalade, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon reserved duck fat
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
Related recipes like Chef John's Orange Duck
Get Chicken Tortellini in a Sweet Onion-Lambrusco Broth Recipe from Food Network...