Mom's Summer Squash Recipe
Zucchini and summer squash, sauteed with bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, and served with melted cheddar cheese.
1 Put onion, garlic, squash, bell pepper into a large saucepan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Put on high heat and brown the vegetables slightly to develop flavor. As you are browning,...
- Yield: Serves 4.
- Cooking time: 00 Hour 10 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- 2 lbs squash and/or zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 2 smallish tomatoes or one large tomato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Olive oil
- 5 or 6 slices of cheese - jack or cheddar
- Basil, either dry or chopped fresh
- Salt and pepper
Related recipes like Mom's Summer Squash Recipe
Get Strawberry Rhubarb Meringue Pie Recipe from Food Network...
HEAT oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9 inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie ...