Fill a sweet shortcrust pastry tart case with lightly spiced squash to make a traditional American treat
Leave to cool, then remove the pie from the tin. Mix the remaining cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the pie. Serve chilled.
- Yield: Serves 8
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 750g/1lb 10oz pumpkin Pumpkin pump-kinPumpkins are the most famous of all the winter squashes, and are most associated with Halloween… or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 350g sweet shortcrust pastry
- plain flour, for dusting
- 140g caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh nutmeg Nutmeg nut-megOne of the most useful of spices for both sweet and savoury… , grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon Cinnamon sin-ah-munA fragrant spice which comes from the inner bark of a tropical tree. When dried, it curls into…
- 2 eggs Egg eggThe ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a… , beaten
- 25g butter Butter butt-errButter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an… , melted
- 175ml milk Milk mill-kOne of the most widely used ingredients, milk is often referred to as a complete food. While cow…
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Related recipes like Pumpkin Pie
This moist pumpkin spice cake is baked in a sheet pan so it's perfect for serving a crowd. Top it wi...
This moist pumpkin spice cake is baked in a sheet pan so it's perfect for ... 3. Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe Walnuts, raisins and a bunch of wonderful spices are ...
Pumpkin pie spice and pecans are the secret ingredients that make this snack mix holiday-ready. MORE...
Slow Cooker Recipes · Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes · Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes · Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes .... In small bowl, mix brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. ... Slow Cooker Pumpkin Harvest Chex Mix® ...