Roasted duck breast with plum sauce
This easy yet impressive recipe makes a stylish main course for a special occasion
To serve, thinly slice each duck breast on a chopping board. Arrange on each plate along with a spoon of the Creamed potatoes, some of the plum sauce and the Buttered spinach.
- Yield: Serves 2
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 thyme ThymeThis popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint… sprig
- 1 star anise Star anise star an-eeseStar anise is one of the central spices in Chinese cooking. It has a strong anise flavour, with…
- 25g butter Butter butt-errButter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 1 shallot Shallot shal-lotRelated to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at… , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil Olive oil ol-iv oylProbably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 250g dark red plums Plum pl-umThe juiciest fruit in the stone fruit family, plums come in many different varieties, some sweet… , halved, stoned and cut into small wedges
- 50g demerara sugar
- 50ml red wine
- 300ml beef stock
Related recipes like Roasted duck breast with plum sauce
Get Chicken Breast with Lemon and Capers Recipe from Food Network...
Combine the flour, pepper, and paprika on a plate. Press the chicken breast into the mixture, coating them evenly all over and shaking off any excess. In a heavy ...