Red cabbage with mulled Port & pears
This braised cabbage side is a super healthy and versatile dish with a rich, deep-red colour enhanced by the addition of the Port
Put all the ingredients except the pears in a large pan and cover with a tight- fitting lid. Cook on a low heat for 1 hr, then stir through the pears. Cover and cook for 1 hr more until the...
- Yield: Serves 8
- Cooking time: 2 Hour
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 1 large red cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… , sliced
- 200ml port
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- pinch ground cloves Clove klo-veThe dry, unopened flower bud of the tropical myrtle tree family used to flavour a wide variety…
- 2 star anise Star anise star an-eeseStar anise is one of the central spices in Chinese cooking. It has a strong anise flavour, with…
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 pear Pear pairLike apples, to which they are related, pears come in thousands of varieties, of which only a… , diced
Related recipes like Red cabbage with mulled Port & pears
Create a potato hash with a difference. The addition of cabbage ramps up the texture and nutrition, ...
The addition of cabbage ramps up the texture and nutrition, and swap bacon for leaner fish. ... Parsnip latkes with smoked haddock & poached egg. 2.5. (1 rating).
A simple dish full of vitamin C and folic acid and ideal on the side of your Sunday roast...
Stir fried greens in oyster sauce. 0 ... Poached egg with spicy rice. 3.07143 .... Had it with chipotle meatballs in lots of sauce which was a good combo. ... Stir fried red cabbage with mulled wine dressing. 0 ... Watercress & chicken stir fry.
This Korean classic is made by fermenting cabbage and carrots in a tangy, spicy sauce - try this spe...
This Korean classic is made by fermenting cabbage and carrots in a tangy, spicy sauce try this speedy version for a tasty side dish. ... Meanwhile, make the kimchi paste by blending the garlic, ginger, fish sauce (if ... Korean style fried rice.