Crisp cider-braised pork belly
Barney Desmazery's prepare-ahead recipe for the perfect pork belly will be a sure-fire hit at your next dinner party
Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot, then turn the heat down. Add the pork to the pan, skin-side down – be careful as it has a tendency to spit. Sizzle the pork as you would bacon...
- Yield: Serves 4
- Cooking time: 3 Hour 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 1 large carrot Carrot ka-rotThe carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root… , roughly chopped
- 1 onion Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… , roughly chopped
- few celery Celery sell-er-eeA collection of long, thick, juicy stalks around a central, tender heart, celery ranges in… sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- sprig fresh thyme ThymeThis popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
- 2 bay leaves
- 500ml good-quality cider Cider si-derCider is an alcoholic beverage made from the fermented juice of apples. Apple orchards were…
- small splash cider vinegar, plus extra to season
- 1l fresh chicken stock
- 1.2kg piece unscored boneless pork belly
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil Sunflower oilA variety of oils can be used for baking. Sunflower is the one we use most often at Good Food as…
- apple Apple ap-pelGrown in temperate regions, apples are one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits. There are… mash and Mustard cabbage, to serve (see tip)
Related recipes like Crisp cider-braised pork belly
This simple but festive recipe will see you cooking sea bass in no time at all...
2 red pepper, halved, deseeded; 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling; 2 shallot ... Braised cabbage & carrots. 5. (2 ratings) ... Balsamic braised beef.
A staple fave for all ages, this is great to keep in the fridge for a standby healthy snack...
Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. ... It's good with veg sticks, but I'm rather partial to these crisp pitta chips, which are a great ... Lemony tuna pitta pockets.
A delicious autumn supper for a cosy night in - use up reserve gruyère or other strong-tasting chee...
While the pork is roasting, heat another knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the sage leaves for about 30 seconds until crisp, then put them on a plate.Now add ...