Steak & kidney pudding
This classic British recipe by Elaine Paige uses suet pastry, lean stewing steak and a rich, thick stout gravy. Serve with creamy mash and fresh greens
Remove the pudding from the pan and leave to settle for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate, scatter with parsley (if you like), and serve with mash and greens.
- Yield: Serves 4
- Cooking time: 4 Hour
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 2 ½ tbsp dripping or vegetable oil
- 2 onions Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… , halved and sliced
- 1 large carrot Carrot ka-rotThe carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root… , diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 400g diced lean stewing steak
- 2 kidneys (about 150g), halved, cored and cut into chunks
- 200ml stout
- 200ml strong beef stock
- mashed potato and greens, to serve
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder Baking powder bay-king pow-dahBaking powder is a raising agent that is commonly used in cake-making. It is made from an alkali…
- 150g beef suet
- soft butter Butter butt-errButter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an… , for greasing
- chopped parsley Parsley par-sleeOne of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and… (optional)
Related recipes like Steak & kidney pudding
Alison Coulling puts a stylish twist on a classic, winning over the judges in the search for Britain...
For the lemon sauce, beat together the eggs and yolk with the zest and juice. ... Butter 4 individual pudding moulds and line the bases with greaseproof paper.
This salad is full of flavour and is healthy too, as it's served with an oil-free dressing...
This salad is full of flavour and is healthy too, served with an oil free dressing from ... To make with steak, make the rice noodle salad. ... Thai style steamed fish .