Buttery trout with capers
Don't turn straight to salmon, trout is a wonderful classic fish with a great flavour, especially in this recipe. Or, make it veggie with halloumi
When the fish is almost ready, melt the remaining butter in a frying pan. Turn up the heat until it turns brown. Take off the heat, then add lemon juice, parsley and capers. Pour over the fish,...
- Yield: Serves 4
- Cooking time: 10 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 4 thick trout Trout trowtFreshwater trout: Farmed rainbow trout has pretty, spotty skin… fillets
- 100g butter Butter butt-errButter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- squeeze lemon juice
- handful parsley Parsley par-sleeOne of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and… , leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp caper Capers kay-perCapers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub, which grows in the Mediterranean. As… , rinsed
Related recipes like Buttery trout with capers
If you fancy the crunch of a crust but not the calories, try this healthy recipe, which can be prepa...
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan until foaming, add the fillets and lower the heat. .... Pan fried salmon with watercress, polenta croutons & capers.
Fresh mackerel fingers with wild rocket, baby new potatoes and a mint and citrus vinaigrette - a del...
Heirloom beetroot & feta salad. 5 ... Potato & smoked trout salad with mustard dressing. 0 ... Rare beef & anchovy salad with rocket & Caesar dressing. 5.