Michelle's Roast Chicken
Chicken bakes in a complex Asian marinade of soy sauce, onion, ginger, garlic and oyster sauce that gets its heat from chili sauce and powder. Be sure to serve with rice so you can savor every last drop.
Prick chicken all over with a fork to create openings for the seasonings to penetrate. In a small bowl combine the garlic, shallots, onion, ginger, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce,...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 slices fresh ginger root, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cucumber slices, for garnish
Related recipes like Michelle's Roast Chicken
This apricot sweet sauce really brings out the flavor in corned beef. It is great to serve the sauce...
This apricot sweet sauce really brings out the flavor in corned beef. ... A snack size version of the famous sandwich created by Carnegie Deli. ... Grilled Chicken Spiedies Recipe Forget everything you've learned about marinating chicken.