For a taste of southern France enjoy the sunshine flavours of provençal tarts
Up to an hour before serving, set the pastry rectangles on a baking sheet and spread each with a thin layer of onion. Arrange the yellow peppers, aubergine and tomatoes on top. Season with...
- Yield: Serves 6
- Cooking time: 55 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 200g puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- beaten egg Egg eggThe ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a… , for brushing
- 1 tsp dried thyme ThymeThis popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
- 5-6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 medium onions Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… , preferably white, very finely sliced
- 2 yellow pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 small aubergine Aubergine oh-ber-geenAlthough it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 pieces sunblush or sundried tomato
- basil Basil ba-zilMost closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the… oil for drizzling
- 50g bag wild rocket Rocket roh-ketRocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It… , to serve
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Related recipes like Provençal tarts
Give these afternoon tea classics a fruity makeover with a creamy banana custard filling - perfect f...
Give these afternoon tea classics a fruity makeover with a creamy banana custard filling perfect for a ... Pour the custard mixture into the banana purée and continue cooking, whisking, until very thick and smooth. .... Banana custard tarts. 0.
No rolling required! Press the raw, crumbly pastry directly into your tin for a short, biscuity fini...
You can throw the dough around and the mince pies still comes out crisp and ... We usually make half the quantity of dough and use it for 12 mini jam tarts then ...