Chef John's Lobster Mac and Cheese
Chef John's recipe for lobster mac and cheese is an elegant, decadent way to impress that special someone in your life.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter 2 gratin dishes. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook lobster tails in skillet until slightly golden and about halfway cooked-through,...
- Yield: 2
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 lobster tails, split in half lengthwise and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 4 ounces grated sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Related recipes like Chef John's Lobster Mac and Cheese
Here’s Mediterranean lasagna made with frozen spinach and three types of cheese – a delicious ca...
Overnight Mediterranean Lasagna ... Here's Mediterranean lasagna made with frozen spinach and three types of cheese – a .... Seafood Spinach Lasagna ...
Garlic-and-Herb Awendaw is one of three irresistible twists developed from Mrs. Ralph Izard’s Awen...
Whisk in cornmeal and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, chives, tarragon, garlic, and black pepper. Pour grits mixture into a lightly ...
Chicken breasts baked with a sour cream, garlic, creamy soup and cream cheese mixture. Easy chicken ...
Chicken breasts baked with a sour cream, garlic, creamy soup and cream cheese mixture. Easy chicken dish that tastes like you worked for hours! ... Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken Recipe Canned mushroom garlic soup is jazzed up with ...