Chef John's Monte Cristo Benedict
Pan-fried French toast forms the basis for a delectable brunch main dish when topped with ham, two kinds of cheese, and perfectly poached eggs for a twist on the Monte Cristo sandwich.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Whisk 2 eggs, cream, white sugar, salt, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and allspice together in a bowl until batter is thoroughly combined....
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 thick slices day-old French bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 thin slices cooked ham
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 8 poached eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives, or to taste
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
Related recipes like Chef John's Monte Cristo Benedict
Get Smoked Salmon and Cod Salad with Mixed Olives Recipe from Food Network...
Get Smoked Salmon and Cod Salad with Mixed Olives Recipe from Food Network. ... Place the fillets of smoked salmon and cod over each of the lettuce pieces. This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or ... Salmon and Cod Fishcakes ...