Chicken Soup with Buttermilk Dumplings
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Chicken Soup with Buttermilk Dumplings recipe from Sara's Secrets
Directions Melt the butter in a large, heavy casserole, add the onion, chopped celery, and chopped carrot, and cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and...
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 30 Min
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 roughly chopped celery stalks, plus 2 stalks, diced
- 2 roughly chopped small carrots, plus 1, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned chicken broth, heated
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 to 4 pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces and backbone removed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- Fresh lemon juice
- Buttermilk dumplings, recipe follows
- Minced fresh chives or parsley, as a garnish
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley or dill
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, or more, if necessary
Related recipes like Chicken Soup with Buttermilk Dumplings
Get Spring Chicken Roll-Ups with Lemon Dijon Pan Sauce Recipe from Food Network...
Get Spring Chicken Roll Ups with Lemon Dijon Pan Sauce Recipe from Food Network. ... These bundles are a healthy twist to a Cordon Bleu chicken ham and cheese stuffed breast meat breaded and sauteed. ... Chicken Pot Pie.
Everyone loves macaroni and cheese, but it tastes even better when baked in individual muffin-pan cu...
Everyone loves macaroni and cheese, but it tastes even better when baked in ... Stir the soup, milk, black pepper, rotini and 3/4 cup cheese in a medium bowl.