Slow-Cooker Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
Bring the fabulous flavors of India to your dinner table with this slow cooked Progresso™ chickpeas and vegetable curry that’s served over rice.
3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours. Serve curry over rice. Garnish with yogurt and cilantro.
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 container (8 oz) refrigerated prechopped onion
- 1 container (8 oz) refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups cubed (1 inch) peeled baking potatoes
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 jar (15 oz) mild curry simmer sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons biryani concentrated curry paste (from 10-oz jar)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- Yoplait® Greek 100 plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
Related recipes like Slow-Cooker Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
Looking for a vegetable with super health powers? Try spinach. It's packed with vitamins, minerals a...
Looking for a vegetable with super health powers? Try spinach. It's packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that protect you all your life.
This Salisbury steak recipe uses ground sirloin to get a leaner, meatier-tasting main dish with enou...
Beef and vegetable stir fry with sweet and savory ginger soy sauce. ... Basic Salisbury Steaks Recipe Salisbury steak is a classic American comfort food.