Classic Victoria sandwich
You can't go wrong with this perfect party cake - full of spongey goodness. Makes a super-simple wedding cake, too
To make the filling, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, then gradually beat in icing sugar. Beat in vanilla extract if you’re using it. Spread the butter cream over the bottom of one...
- Yield: Cuts into 10 slices
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g softened butter
- 4 egg Egg eggThe ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a… , beaten
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder Baking powder bay-king pow-dahBaking powder is a raising agent that is commonly used in cake-making. It is made from an alkali…
- 2 tbsp milk Milk mill-kOne of the most widely used ingredients, milk is often referred to as a complete food. While cow…
- 100g butter Butter butt-errButter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an… , softened
- 140g icing sugar, sifted
- drop vanilla extract (optional)
- half a 340g jar good-quality strawberry jam (we used Tiptree Little Scarlet)
- icing sugar, to decorate
Related recipes like Classic Victoria sandwich
Individual molten chocolate cakes are easy to make--and will impress any dinner guest!...
Individual molten chocolate cakes are easy to make and will impress any dinner guest! ... more, so the chef simply had his wait staff introduce the dessert as Chocolate 'Lava' Cake! .... Similar: RecipesVideosCategoriesArticles ... Chef John's Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe and Video See how to make a classic chocolate ...
Ice cream sandwich cake is made by layering ice cream sandwiches with hot fudge topping, caramel top...
Ice cream sandwich cake is made by layering ice cream sandwiches with hot fudge ... dish; top with a layer of whipped topping, hot fudge topping, and caramel topping. ... Frozen Peanut Butter Pudding Squares Recipe Chocolaty peanut butter ... Magical Chocolate Bars Recipe Transform your pint of ice cream into ice ...