Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Sopes recipe from Aarón Sánchez
Directions Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with paper towels.Put the masa harina in a large bowl, pour in the water and get in there with your hands, kneading until...
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking time: 0 Hour 50 Min
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 1 cup masa harina
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped serrano chile or 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno (seeds too for extra heat)
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- One 16-ounce can or two 7.6-ounce cans huitlacoche, drained, or 8 ounces mixed wild mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup Roasted Tomato-Chile de Arbol Salsa, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons crema fresca (preferably the Cacique brand), or creme fraiche thinned with a little water
- Crumbled queso fresco (preferably the Cacique brand), for garnish
- 1 pound plum tomatoes (about 4)
- 3 to 6 chile de arbol, depending on how spicy you like it
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Related recipes like Sopes
Get Huevos Rancheros with Clam Salsa on Handmade Sopes Recipe from Food Network...
"Also referred to as Latin or Spanish Corn Fritters, can be prepared with or without cheese. This ve...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Sopes with Chorizo Refried Beans and a Tangy Slaw recipe from Food...
Sopes with Chorizo Refried Beans and a Tangy Slaw ... To form the sopes, grab a small ball of dough and form mini "soup bowls" about 4 inches in diameter.
Apr 26, 2004 You can make the mayonnaise, slaw, and sopes ahead. Reheat ... Green Chile Sopes with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Shrimp, and Pineapple Slaw.