One Great Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille Sausage Recipe ...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow One Great Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille Sausage recipe from Rachael Ray
Directions Preheat a large heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1 turn of the pan, and 1 pound of the diced chicken. Season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of...
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Cooking time: 0 Hour 25 Min
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 2 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced or, double amount of white meat
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds andouille sausage, casings removed and diced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves, fresh or dried
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (for mild to moderate heat)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken stock or broth
- 3 cups chopped okra, fresh or defrosted frozen
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, in puree
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme leaves, several sprigs
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 1/2 cups white enriched rice prepared to package directions
Related recipes like One Great Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille Sausage Recipe ...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow One Great Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille Sausage recipe from Rac...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo with White Rice recipe from Emeri...
Nov 2, 2013 For a Creole inspired supper, make Emeril Lagasse's Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo with White Rice recipe from Food Network.