'Momma Made Em' Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Chicken, sausage, and okra gumbo made from scratch the old-school way, with a deep, rich roux and plenty of time for simmering.
Fill a large pot partially with lightly salted water, and place the chicken in the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook the chicken until the meat is no longer pink and...
- Yield: 10
- Cooking time: 3 Hour 15 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green bell peppers
- 5 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's), or to taste
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound fully-cooked smoked beef sausage (such as Hillshire Farm®), sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- salt and black pepper to taste
Related recipes like 'Momma Made Em' Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
The sweetness of peaches and a sprinkling of brown sugar, the spice of ginger and cloves, and a smid...
Tip: For a delicious sauce to serve over the chicken and peaches, mix 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water and pour mixture into cooking juices.
This sauce can be used for spaghetti, ravioli, chicken Parmesan, or anything Italian! It's very quic...
This sauce can be used for spaghetti, ravioli, chicken Parmesan, or anything ... 87. Korean BBQ Galbi Recipe Authentic Korean short ribs use the 'flanken cut', ...
"Every once in a while I get a craving for a non-tomato sauce, or 'white' pizza. 'New pizza ideas' i...
Top homemade pizza crust with a white sauce made from ricotta cheese and olive ... 2 tablespoons chopped herbs, such as basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme ( optional) ... I think I prefer it as an appetizer (on a super thin crust/flatbread) rather than .... Jumbo Shells with Asparagus, Prosciutto, Ricotta Cheese and Three Cheese ...