Chocolate Meringue Pie
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Chocolate Meringue Pie recipe from Food Network
Directions For the beginner's pie crust: Combine the flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Add the butter and vegetable shortening and process until...
- Yield: One 9-inch pie
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Related recipes like Chocolate Meringue Pie
A slice of this Madeira-style cake is wonderful with a morning cup of tea or coffee...
The cake itself didn't taste like white chocolate and luckily I read the reviews just before icing it! I decided to use a similar recipe for icing but added 6 squares of ...
A foolproof recipe for squidgy cake squares, studded with extra chunks of chocolate for extra decade...
Hold the sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and resift the cocoa and flour mixture, shaking ... Dark chocolate, coconut & passion fruit mousse cake. 5.