Birria is a Mexican stew made with blended chile peppers simmered with beef stew meat. Garnish with cilantro, lime, and onion.
Place California chile pods and guanjino chile peppers into a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan...
- Yield: 12
- Cooking time: 3 Hour 15 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 5 California chile pods, seeds and veins removed
- 5 guanjino chile peppers, seeds and veins removed
- water to cover
- 1 tablespoon mixed spices, or more to taste
- 1/4 slice onion
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 6 bay leaves