Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Doughnuts recipe from Food Network
Directions In small sauce pan heat the 1/4 cup shortening until melted. Set aside to cool slightly but remain liquid.In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and...
- Yield: 2 dozen doughnuts and holes
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Rating: 3/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, plus more for deep frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more when forming the doughnuts
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- For coating the doughnuts (optional): 1 cup granulated sugar, or 1 cup granulated sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, or 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
Related recipes like Doughnuts
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Everything Doughnuts recipe from Food Network Kitchen...
What if an everything bagel crossed the savory sweet line? ... before, then quickly fry the doughnuts off for a special breakfast or brunch. ... Cover completely with the plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. ... Don't miss the latest recipes, food news, TV exclusives and more, delivered directly to your email ...