Make a batch of our healthy veg mix, then serve three ways- with feta, as pictured, with jacket potatoes, or in stuffed peppers
To serve as cheesy stuffed peppers (serves 2, prep 15 mins, cook 20 mins): Halve peppers down the stalks and scrape out any seeds. Divide 1 serving of defrosted ratatouille between the pepper...
- Yield: Serves 10
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 55 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 250g red onion, cut into 3cm chunks
- 250g white onion Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… , cut into 3cm chunks
- 600g red and yellow pepper - after deseeding and removing stalks, cut into chunks
- 1kg courgette Courgette corr-zjetThe courgette is a variety of cucurtbit, which means it's from the same family as cucumber,… , cut into 3cm chunks
- 1kg aubergine Aubergine oh-ber-geenAlthough it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 20g garlic clove, crushed
- 800g cherry tomato
- 3 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar Sugar shuh-gaHoney and syrups made from concentrated fruit juice were the earliest known sweeteners. Today,…
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme or oregano Oregano or-ee-gar-noClosely related to marjoram, of which it is the wild equivalent, oregano has a coarser, more… , plus a pinch extra
- 1 tbsp wholemeal breadcrumb
- 25g light feta cheese
- 30g Little Gem lettuce leaves
- 25g sliced spring onion Spring onion sp-ring un-yunAlso known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 50g sliced cucumber
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 small baking potato weighing 100g
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 25g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 10g rocket Rocket roh-ketRocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It… leaves
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 small pepper Pepper pep-izAlso known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and… of any colour
- 25g lighter mature cheddar
- 200g cooked broccoli Broccoli brok-o-leeLike cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar Balsamic vinegar bal-sam-ick vin-ee-gahTrue Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
Related recipes like For-the-freezer ratatouille
Wow your guests with these refreshing and zesty frozen cocktails, complete with a hint of mint and d...
Mojito ice pop ... Push the sticks 3/4 of the way into the lollies and return to the freezer for 6 8 hrs to freeze ... Cider & blackberry ice lollies .... Pimm's ice lollies. 0 .
Forget that ready meal, this storecupboard meal makes a speedy after work supper...
Toss together the chicken, noodles, veg and spring onions; serve scattered with nuts. .... We used straight to wok noodles and they worked very well. We used pea's, and green beans from the freezer too as did not have any fresh veg at the ...
Lamb and ratatouille were made for each other, and this is the dish to make when autumn vegetables a...
Oct 10, 2009 First make the ratatouille. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion , peppers, aubergine and courgette. Season with salt and ...