Chocolate Angel Pie
Chocolate lovers really go for this pie. The filling is not too sweet, making a nice complement to the sweet meringue shell. Some family members request this pie for their birthday instead of cake!
Directions Place egg whites in a small bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1...
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Cooking time: 50 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chopped nuts, optional