20-Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup
Cooking time45 min
How to make a delicious chicken enchilada soup that is cheesy and thick? This 20-minute chicken enchilada soup recipe provides the best answer. If you follow this 20-minute chicken enchilada soup recipe. 4 to 6 servings can be made and total time needed comes around only 20 minutes.
1) Oil has to be heated in a large stock and heat needs to be kept medium-high.
2) Onion should be placed on the stock and sauteed the duration of 5 minutes. (Stop when the onion is cooked and turns translucent)
3) Garlic has to be put in and sauteed for around one minute. (Stop when fragrance emanates)
4) Masa Harina should be stirred and you have to cook it for minute.
5) Half portion of the chicken stock must be poured in and stirred to combine well.
6) The remaining chicken has to be added and stirred well.
7) Cumin, salt, green chilies, tomato, black beans, enchilada sauce and chicken have to be added immediately and stirred well to combine everything properly.
8) You have to keep on stirring and stop when the mixture reaches a simmer.
9) Heat has to be reduced to medium-low and you have to simmer for a period of 3 minutes. (Occasional stirring is needed to prevent the soup from getting stuck in the bottom of the pan)
10) Then, you must stir in cheese and it needs to be performed by adding one handful at a time. (Make sure that it is combined well)
11) After tasting, salt has to be added if needed. 12)
12) This soup can be served warm and the toppings can be used if you want.
- Salt - 1 teaspoon. (You can take more or less to taste)
- Sharp cheddar cheese - 8 ounces. (Freshly grated)
- Ground cumin - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Green chilies (Chopped) - 1 Can or 4 ounces.
- Diced tomatoes (With juices) - 1 Can or 14 ounces.
- Black beans - 1 Can or 14 ounces. (Rinsed and drained)
- Red enchilada sauce - 1 1/4 cups or one 10-ounce Can. (You can use homemade or store-bought)
- Cooked, shredded chicken - 2 cups.
- Stock -Chicken - 3 cups.
- Masa Harina (Corn flour) - 1/2 cup.
- Garlic clove - 2 nos. (Minced)
- White onion (Diced) - 1 cup.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons.
- You can keep Pico de Gallo, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, grated cheese, sliced or diced avocado and tortilla chips as toppings. (Optional)