Anjou pear cake
Cooking time60 min
How to prepare a delicious fruity cake? This Anjou pear cake recipe teaches you the best method of making a fruity cake with buttery pears.
The oven should be heated to 180C/F 160C/G 4.
A loose-bottomed cake tin (20cm) must be lined with baking parchment and you have to brush with butter as well.
Pears should be added to a bowl and you have to add lemon juice and Poire William to prevent discoloration.
Baking powder and flour must be sieved into a bowl and, a pinch of salt and caster sugar must also be added.
The next step is to beat in the eggs and melted butter and, the pears should be folded in with their juices).
Now, the cake mixture needs to be poured into the tin and it should be baked for 50 minutes. (You must make sure that a skewer comes out clean). .
It should be placed on a wire rack and cool it in a slight manner prior to removing from the tin by gently peeling away the parchment.
For making the glaze, the apricot jam should be melted with 1 tablespoon of water.
It should be passed through a sieve to remove lumps.
The cake needs to be brushed with glaze and it should be dusted with icing sugar.
It can be served warm with crème fraiche.
- Ripe buttery pears – 500 grams. (It should be peeled and chopped).
- Poire William liqueur – 1 tablespoon (Optional)
- Melted butter – 50 grams. (You can keep extra for the tin)
- Lemon juice – Taken from one lemon.
- Plain flour – 75 grams.
- Eggs – 2 nos. (Beaten)
- Baking powder- 1 heaped teaspoon.
- Caster sugar – 75 grams.
- Icing sugar – for dusting purposes.
- Apricot jam – 2 tablespoons.
- Crème fraiche – for serving purposes.