Apple and blackberry crumble
Cooking time25 min
Are you looking for an astonishingly delicious crumble? This apple and blackberry crumble recipe makes you familiarize with an easy way of making an excellent crumble.
First of all, keep the oven at 190 C/ F 170/C G 5.
Flour and sugar must be tipped into a large bowl and butter should also be added.
Use your fingertips and rub well to make a breadcrumb texture. (Overworking can make the curable heavy)
This mixture should be sprinkled over a baking sheet in an even manner and it should be baked for 15 minutes until lightly colored.
In order to make the compote, the apples must be peeled, cored and cut into 2cm dice.
Butter and sugar must be placed in a medium saucepan and they should be melted together over average or medium heat.
Cook for 3 minutes. (You have to make sure that the mixture becomes light caramel.
Then, apples should be stirred in and cooked for 3 minutes.
You should cover and remove from heat before leaving it for 2 to 3 minutes to cook in the warmth of the pan.
The warm fruit should be spooned into a gratin dish (ovenproof) and then, you must top with crumble mix.
It should be reheated in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with ice cream.
- #Ingredients needed for the crumble topping#
- Caste sugar – 60 grams.
- Plain flour -120 grams.
- Unsalted butter – 60 grams. (You have to divide it into pieces).
- #Ingredients required for the fruit compote#
- Unsalted butter – 30 grams.
- Braeburn apple – 300 grams.
- Ground cinnamon – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Demerara sugar – 30 grams.
- Blackberries – 115 grams.
- Vanilla ice-cream – to serve.