Apple, Pear & Quince Tarte Tatin
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to make a simple dessert with a twist? This apple, pear & quince tarte tatin recipe teaches you how to make a very tasty dessert. The membrillo or quince cheese and pears allow you to have an exciting take on the French cheese.
You can make this dish within 40 minutes and it can be served for 8 people.
1) The butter needs to be melted in an ovenproof frying pan. (The pan can be 23 cm-wide)
2) Quince cheese and sugar should be added and mashed using a wooden spoon for making a smooth gloop.
3) The pears and apples must be arranged cut side on top. (Alternating in a circle)
4) They have to be covered and cooked at the lowest heat for 20 minutes.
5) They should be taken away from the heat and set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes (Overnight is a good option)
6) The must be preheated to 425 Degree Fahrenheit.
7) The pastry needs to be rolled out to 25-cm square and the corners have to be trimmed off for forming a circle.
8) It has to be laid over the pan and the edges should be tucked in round the fruit.
9) It must be baked in the center of the oven for 20 minutes and you can stop when it turns deep golden and puffed.
10) Set aside to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a plate.
11) This dish can be served with creme fraiche
- Caster sugar - 100 grams.
- Unsalted butter - 50 grams.
- All butter puff pastry - 225 grams.
- Membrillo or quince cheese - 100 grams.
- Apple - 2 nos. (They need to be peeled, halved and cored)
- Pears - 2 nos. (They need to be peeled, halved and cored)