Cooking time20 min
Apple is a wonderful fruit that offers amazing health benefits. Even doctors recommend people taking an apple a day to get protection against all types of diseases. It is highly delicious fruit and you can find a better source for antioxidants. This fruits also contains dietary fiber, flavanoids and many other vitamins, minerals and nutrients. What about making a sauce with apple? This apple sauce recipe shows you how to make a stunning sauce with absolute ease and comfort. You just need 3 ingredients to make this dish and they can be purchased from a local store.
If you use the same quantity of ingredients recommended in this apple sauce recipe, you can make 6 to 8 servings. You just need to spend 10 minutes for the preparation and the cooking time come around only 20 minutes as well.
1) First of all, you have to take the apples and they should be peeled.
2) Then, you need to core them and chop them as well.
3) Take a saucepan and the chopped apples must be placed in the saucepan.
4) Sugar needs to be added.
5) You also have to add lemon zest strips and 200 ml water.
6) This mixture needs to be brought to a boil and you have to stir occasionally for dissolving the sugar.
7) It should be brought to a simmer and cooked slowly for about 15 to 20 minutes. (You can stop when the apples becomes soft).
8) The zest must be removed.
9) Now, you need to take a wooden spoon and it should be used to beat the apple in a light way for breaking them.
10) You can serve this sauce warm or cold and it goes really well with roast pork.
- Lemon or orange zest - 2 strips.
- Caster sugar - 50 grams.
- Large Bramleys or other cooking apples - 2 nos.