Cooking time30 min
Everybody knows that apple is a tasty and healthy fruit. What about making an excellent dish using this wonderful fruit? This apple strudel recipe is a perfect example. You can prepare this delicious dish with tremendous ease and comfort.
With the quantity mentioned in this apple strudel recipe, you can make 4 servings. The preparation time is 30 minutes and the cooking time also comes around 30 minutes.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Take a large bowl and add sultanas, nutmeg, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and apple to the bowl.
3) All the ingredients should be mixed together well.
4) Each filo pastry sheet must be brushed using melted butter.
5) The next step is to take a large grease-proof paper sheet
6) Then, the pastry sheets should be placed onto the grease-proof paper one by one on top of each other.
7) Breadcrumbs must be sprinkled over the filo pastry sheet placed on top.
8) Now, the apple mixture has to be spooned down into the middle part of the filo sheet.
9) Like a cigar, the pastry needs to be rolled up around the filling. (You can use the grease-proof paper for help).
10) Then, you have to take a baking tray (greased) and the filo roll must be placed onto the tray.
11) The remaining can be used for brushing,
12) It has to be cooked for 30 to 40 minutes and stop when it turns lightly browned.
- Caster sugar - 100 grams.
- Apples - 680 grams. (They need to be cored, peeled and chopped as well)
- Dried breadcrumbs - 2 tablespoons.
- Orange juice and zest - Taken from 1/2 orange.
- Butter - 55 grams. (It should be cooled and melted and you can keep some extra for greasing purposes)
- Ready-made filo pastry - 6 to 8 sheets.
- Sultanas - 55 grams.
- Nutmeg - to taste. (Freshly grated)