Apricot puddings with Caramel Sauce
Cooking time45 min
If you are interested in knowing how to make a sweet and simple winter pudding, you can follow this apricot puddings with caramel sauce recipe. Total yield this recipe offers is 8 servings and for preparation and cooking, you have to spend round one hour.
1) The oven must be heated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) You need to take 8 pudding molds made using a metal and they should be greased using butter.
3) After placing the apricots in a bowl, the bicarbonate of soda must be added and then, 400 ml boiling water need to be poured in before setting aside.
4) Caster sugar and softened butter have to beaten to make the mixture fluffy and pale and the beaten eggs should be added a bit by bit while beating properly after every addition. .
5) Flour has to be sifted in and the almonds must also be stirred in.
6) Apricots and their juice need to be added and orange zest and vanilla have to be added as well before mixing well.
7) The wet mixture created should be poured into the tins that are prepared and baked for around 20 to 25 minutes. (Make sure that it is really firm to touch)
8) If you are not going to serve soon, keep them it the tins to cool.
9) When you want to serve, the sauce needs to be made by combining the cream, brown sugar, and butter in a saucepan.
10) It should be brought to the boil and simmered for 5 minutes.
11) Oven has to be heated to 390 Degrees Fahrenheit.
12) The puddings must be taken out and placed on a baking tray in a careful way and around one-third of the sauce needs to be poured over the puddings.
13) After having spooned chopped pecans and apricots, it should be placed in the oven a time period between 5 and 7 minutes. (You can stop when the sauce bubbles and becomes golden.
14) It can be served with rest of the hot sauce or ice cream.
- Lemon rind – 1 teaspoon. (Grated)
- Dried apricots – 200 grams. (You have to chop them)
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon.
- Bicarbonate of soda – 1 1/2 teaspoon.
- Unsalted butter – 100 grams. (Softened)
- Caster sugar – 225 grams. (Unrefined)
- Eggs - 3 nos. (They need to beaten in a light way)
- Self raising flour – 225 grams.
- Ground almonds - 4 tablespoons.
- Orange zest (Grated)
- Unsalted butter – 150 grams (Cubed)
- Cream – 250 ml.
- Light brown sugar (Unrefined) – 150 grams.
- Pecans and apricots (Chopped) – For topping purposes.