Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Cooking time15 min
How to prepare a traditional noodle soup with international flair? This Asian chicken noodle soup recipe teaches you how to prepare a conventional soup with international flair and the contrasting flavors of cilantro, lemon grass and ginger offer a delicious broth for this soup. Since the chewy pasta becomes soft after cooking, you have to keep the soup for 5 minutes before serving. The method of preparation is really simple and if you want, you can add vegetables like carrots, peas or mushrooms. With the recommended quantity of ingredients in this Asian chicken noodle soup recipe, you can serve for 8 people and each serving size is 1 cup. First of all, you have to heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
The heat should be kept to medium- high.
Garlic and ginger needs to be added.
Lemon grass should also be added.
Then, you have to saute for 3 minutes.
The next step is to add water.
Broth must be added as well.
Bring to a boil.
Now, you have to add chicken and pasta.
It is the time to cook for 5 minutes. (You need to make sure that the chicken is done).
Remove the skillet from heat.
Then, you must stir in hair pasta, fresh cilantro, lime juice, salt, green onions and red chile pepper.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Finally, the lemongrass should be discarded.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Bottled minced garlic – 1 tablespoon.
- Water – 2 cups.
- Vegetable- 1 tablespoon.
- Bottled grated ginger – 1 tablespoon.
- Fat-free and less-sodium chicken broth – 2 cans (14-ounce).
- Fresh lemon grass – 2 stalks. (They should be peeled).
- Chopped fresh cilantro – 1/4 cup.
- Chicken breast tenders – 1 pound. (They should be cut into bite-sized pieces).
- Fresh lime juice – 1 tablespoon.
- Uncooked angel hair pasta – 4 pounces.
- Red chile pepper – 1 (It should be finely chopped).
- Thinly sliced green onions – 2 nos.
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon.