Cooking time30 min
Aubergine is an excellent fruit that offers a wide variety of health benefits. This aubergine hummus recipe talks about how to make an exciting smoky effect to the hummus dip. If you follow the correct guidelines and use right quantity of ingredients mentioned in this aubergine hummus recipe, you can make 3 servings. This dish can be prepared within 30 minutes and the time needed for cooking comes about 30 minutes.
1) First of all, the oven has to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Take a baking tray and the aubergine should be placed in the tray.
3) It should be scattered over half of olive oil and chopped garlic.
4) Then, you need to place it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5) The chickpeas must be drained and they should be warmed through in a pan using the rosemary sprigs and remaining olive oil.
6) You have to take the aubergine from the oven after 15 minutes and make sure that it becomes soft and lightly toasted.
7) The next step is to take a food processor.
8) Half portion of aubergines and half of the chickpeas must be placed in the food processor.
9) They should be blended well until become soft.
10) Now, the blended mixture has to be returned to the pan.
11) You have to add the remaining portion of the aubergines.
12) It should be warmed through for a minute.
13) This dish can be served hot.
- Rosemary sprigs - 3 nos.
- A can of chickpeas - 1 no. (The quantity must be equivalent to 400 grams and it should be drained).
- Olive oil - 6 tablespoons.
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (They need to be chopped).
- Medium aubergine - 1 no. (It should be cut into 1 cm-discs)