Autumn chestnut salad
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making a seasonal salad that brings a wide range of flavors on one plate? This autumn chestnut salad recipe teaches you how to make an extremely unique salad. With the exact quantity of ingredients recommended in this recipe, you can serve it for 4 to 6 people. Oven should be heated to 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6.
The bread needs to be toasted with olive oil in a small roasting tin.
Season with pepper and salt.
Then, spread out in a single layer and it should be baked for 12 to 15 minutes until the bread turns brown and crisp.
You have to tip onto a plate lined with kitchen paper and leave it to cool.
Onion and vinegar have to be mixed in a small bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
Now, you have to combine the oil and mustard and, season with salt before whisking until turns thickened in a slight manner.
You must stir into the onions and set aside.
The lettuce must be tipped into a big bowl and, chestnuts and beetroot should be added.
The next step is to heat a non stick pan and, then add ham before frying quickly on each side until turned crisp.
Immediately before serving, thinly slice apple and they should be added to the bowl with croutons.
Now, dressing must be added and toss well to achieve a glistening look.
Finally, you have to pile onto plates and 2 pieces of ham can be placed on top of each plate.
- #Ingredients for salad#
- Olive oil – 3 to 4 tablespoons.
- Eating apple – 1 no.
- Cooked beetroot – 200 grams. (It should be peeled and diced and, you have to make sure that it is not cooked in vinegar)
- Crusty bread – 3 slices (They should be cut into small cubes).
- Serrano ham - 4 to 6 slices. (They should be halved).
- Lamb’s lettuce – 70 gram pack.
- Cooked chestnut – 175 grams. (You have to break it into bite-size pieces).
- #Ingredients for dressing purposes#
- Red wine vinegar – 2 tablespoons.
- Walnut oil – 4 tablespoons.
- Thinly sliced red onion (small) – 1 no.
- Dijon mustard – 2 teaspoons.