Bacon Cheddar Scones
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to make a brunch dish that is full of savory flavors? This bacon cheddar scones recipe discusses a fast and easy way to make such a dish that is overwhelmingly delicious. Total yield of this bacon cheddar scones recipe is 15 servings and total time needed for preparation and cooking is 35 minutes.
1) Oven has to be preheated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) A baking sheet needs to be lined using parchment paper. (Cooking spray can be greased instead)
3) After setting it aside, cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, baking powder, and flour should be whisked together in a big mixing bowl and make sure that all ingredients are properly mixed.
4) The diced butter has to be added to the flour mixture, and the pieces should be cut with the help of a fork so that the mixture looks like crumbs that are coarse and thick.
5) The bacon, chives and cheese must be stirred in and ensure that they are all properly blended.
6) Buttermilk has to be poured in and the mixture should be kneaded using the hands to make sure that the dough is combined in an even way.
7) The dough has to be placed on a floured surface, and then a rolling pin must be used for rolling it out to make the thickness of the dough 1/2-inch.
8) The dough needs to be folded in half in a horizontal way and it should again be folded in half in vertical way. (Make sure that 4 layers are there).
9) Once again, the dough needs to be rolled so that the thickness becomes 1/2-inch.
10) Biscuits need to be cut out with the help of a cutter and they should be placed on the baking sheet that is well prepared. (The dough has to be re-rolled when needed)
11) After taking a separate bowl, water and egg should be whisked together and make sure that both blend well.
12) The egg wash must be brushed on the biscuits’ top to make it look nice and turn golden.
13) Now, it should be baked for a period between 18 and 20 minutes and ensure that the biscuits are cooked through.
14) You can serve this warm and it can be served with a glass of orange juice.
- Butter milk – 1 cup. (You need to keep two tablespoons more)
- Egg and 1 tablespoon water (Optional)
- All-purpose flour - 3 cups.
- Baking powder - 1 tablespoon.
- Bacon (Thick-cut) – 8 slices. (They must be cooked and diced)
- Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Fresh chives (Chopped) – 3 tablespoons.
- Garlic powder - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Cayenne – A pinch.
- Cold butter - 10 tablespoons. (They need to be diced into cubes of 1/4-inch)
- Sharp cheddar cheese - 1 1/2 cups. (Shredded)