Baked Eggs with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Leeks
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making a power breakfast that can be adapted according to your liking? This baked eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and leeks recipe teaches you how to make such dish. You can make 6 servings if you follow the guidelines of this recipe.
1) Olive oil has to be heated in a large skillet and the heat has to be kept at medium-high levels.
2) Onions have to be stirred in and cooked for 5 minutes. (You can stop when the onions become softened)
3) Leeks and mushrooms have to be added and cooked for 3 minutes. (Make sure that they get softened)
4) Spinach has to be stirred in and cooking needs to be continued for 2 minutes. (You can stop when it wilts)
5) It should be removed from the heat and allow to cool.
6) In the skillet, the bed slices must be arranged in a single layer.
7) The bread has to be layered with the mushroom mixture.
8) An egg should be cracked on top.
9) Pepper and salt have to be used to season.
10) Milk needs to be poured over the top in an even manner and cheese has to be sprinkled in.
11) Finally, it must be baked for 25 to 30 minutes. (You need to make sure that the eggs are set)
- Gruyere cheese - c cup.
- Whole milk - 3/4 cup.
- Large eggs - 5 nos.
- Finely grated parmesan - 1 cup.
- Crusty bread - 6 slices.
- Pepper - to taste.
- Salt - to taste.
- Baby spinach - 6 cups. (The quantity must be equivalent to 6 ounces)
- Leek - 1/2 cup.
- Cremini mushrooms - 2 cups.
- Small onion - 1/2 (It should be chopped)
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons. (One tablespoon olive oil can be used for brushing purposes)