Baked Orange Custards
Cooking time45 min
Pudding can be prepared in a wide variety of ways. You can use a lot of ingredients as well. This baked orange custards recipe makes you familiarize with a different way of making a pudding that offers outstanding taste. It can be made in a fast manner with minimal effort. You can make the custards up to 24 hours ahead and it can be kept chilled for using whenever needed. If you serve it with orange slices, the taste gets better. You can make 6 servings with this baked orange custards recipe and total time needed to make this dish comes around 40 minutes.
1) The first thing you need to do is to heat the oven to 300 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The next step is to take a baking dish that can hold six 150 ml ramekins.
3) A tea towel should be placed on the bottom of the baking dish.
4) Sugar, egg yolks and eggs should be beaten until a thick mixture is formed.
5) Grand marnier, cream, milk and vanilla must be stirred in.
6) The mixture has to be strained.
7) Stir through the orange rind.
8) It should be poured into the ramekins and put them in the baking dish.
9) Boiling water has to be poured into the dish and you have to make sure that water level reaches halfway up the ramekin side.
10) Then, it must be transferred to the oven.
11) It should be cooked for a period of 35 to 40 minutes. (You have to ensure that it is set)
12) It can be served at room temperature.
- Large eggs - 4 nos.
- Large egg yolks – 2 nos.
- Caster sugar – 185 grams.
- Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon.
- Milk – 500 ml.
- Cream – 250 ml.
- Grand Marnier – 2 tablespoons.
- Grated rind – Taken from 1 orange.