Baked Plum Tart
Cooking time30 min
This baked plum tart recipe discusses a unique method of making a plum tart that is delicious and healthy. With the quantity of ingredients advocated in this baked plum tart recipe, you can make 4 to 6 servings and the time needed for cooking is 30 minutes. The preparation time also comes around 30 minutes.
1) Oven should be preheated to 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) A Swiss roll tin (23 x 33 cm) must be greased in a light way.
3) Take a bowl and the butter needs to be rubbed into the flour with the help of your fingertips.
4) Orange zest and caster sugar have to be stirred in.
5) The milk should be poured in and a flat knife blade needs to be used to mix in. (Make sure that the dry ingredients and others are well combined and you can add a bit milk if needed)
6) The mixture has to be tipped into the prepared tin and the surface should be smoothed.
7) In order to make the topping, plums must be placed on top and cut side up.
8) A small butter dot needs to be added on top of each plum.
9) Cinnamon and demerara sugar have to be mixed in a bowl.
10) Plums have to be sprinkled over and orange needs to be drizzled as well.
11) It should be baked for around 20 minutes and stop when the base becomes golden in color and the plums turn juicy and bubbling.
- Pint of milk - 150 ml.
- Orange zest - taken from one orange.
- Orange juice- 2 teaspoons.
- Caster sugar - 50 grams.
- Self-raising flour - 300 grams. (It must be sifted)
- Butter - 100 grams. (You can keep some extra for greasing)
- Ground cinnamon - 2 teaspoons.
- Demerara sugar - 50 grams.
- Butter - 50 grams.
- Plums - 700 grams. (They must be stoned and halved)