Baked White Cheddar and Leek Dip
Cooking time45 min
This white cheddar leek dip recipe offers the perfect way of making a highly additive dish and the combination of beer, cheddar and leeks rocks. This recipe gives you a yield of 6 and you have to spend only 45 minutes to make a stunningly flavorful dish.
1) Oven needs to be heated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) The leek has to be trimmed, halved and sliced and you have to make it into half moons.
3) After putting the leeks in water, they should be swished around and broken up using the fingers. Once they are clean, you can take out the leeks to drain and then, pat dry.
4) Butter should be melted in a skillet and the heat should be at medium levels. The next step is the process of adding the leeks and they must be cooked for 10 minutes to make soft.
5) Pepper and salt have to be used to season and the skillet needs to be taken out from the heat.
6) Take another bowl, and the beer, cheddar (two-thirds), mayonnaise and cream cheese should be combined in the bowl, the cooked leaks also need to be added before stirring to make smooth.
7) The leek has to be spread into the skillet and the remaining cheese must be used as toppings.
8) It should be baked for 20 to 25 minutes and stop when it becomes golden color lightly and bubbly as well.
- Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup.
- Leek – 1 no. (It has to be trimmed and the light green and white parts only need to be kept)
- Dark beer – 4 tablespoons. (You can choose your favorite one)
- Sharp white cheddar – 7 ounces. (It should be grated and divided)
- Unsalted butter - 2 tablespoons.
- Kosher salt – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Softened cream cheese – 8 ounces.
- Black pepper (Ground) – 1/4 teaspoon.